
Happy baby wearing week!
We love our carriers, and people are constantly commenting on them, so I thought I’d share a little.
Our favorite is our Sleepy Wrap. We love it. I recommend them to every parent of a baby (fit under 1ish-year-old best).
I also love our ring sling. It’s not quite as comfortable as the wrap, but it’s faster to get her in and out of. I keep it in the car for quick run-in errands. It’s also really pretty! Two places around here that I think have good slings are http://babysosmart.com/ (through 9/28 use coupon code “celebrate” for 25% off non-sale items) and http://www.teenygreenykc.com/HandmadeProducts.php (the one i have but it's not quite as wide as the BSS ones).
And the carrier I don’t have but would love to have is http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/.
These carriers are so much more comfortable than just holding her in my arms! And they're super healthy for baby, too!
We love our carriers, and people are constantly commenting on them, so I thought I’d share a little.
Our favorite is our Sleepy Wrap. We love it. I recommend them to every parent of a baby (fit under 1ish-year-old best).
I also love our ring sling. It’s not quite as comfortable as the wrap, but it’s faster to get her in and out of. I keep it in the car for quick run-in errands. It’s also really pretty! Two places around here that I think have good slings are http://babysosmart.com/ (through 9/28 use coupon code “celebrate” for 25% off non-sale items) and http://www.teenygreenykc.com/HandmadeProducts.php (the one i have but it's not quite as wide as the BSS ones).
And the carrier I don’t have but would love to have is http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/.
These carriers are so much more comfortable than just holding her in my arms! And they're super healthy for baby, too!
Oh, i also have to say that i tried a pouch sling, and none of us liked it. I also have a Bolivian wrap for a high back carry, although i've only used it for a blanket so far (I got it in Bolivia many years ago. You should see how they swing their babies up there!). And in South Africa they use a simple towel to carry babies on their back. So you really don't need special equipment to wear your baby. Here's a slideshow of some beautiful babywearing around the world http://www.flickr.com/groups/ethnicbabycarriers/pool/show/.
11/30/09 update: My wonderful husband gave me the pictured sling for an anniversary gift. We've been using it so much. The extra width makes it easy to nurse my big one-year-old in (she's in a sitting position, with the tail of the sling draped back over the top if we need some privacy). Both my daughter and I love this sling. I tried on a couple of Ergos and was surprised at how unimpressed I was. They just were not comfortable to me. I tried on a Baby So Smart Mei Tai, and I really liked it, so we're planning to get a toddler-size BSS Mei Tai. I'm so excited to be able to use that--mostly to carry her on my back around the house. Yea for great baby carriers! By the way, my husband wore my "girlie" sling when he took our daughter for a walk over the weekend, and he also said it was a very comfortable way to carry her, and it helped to keep her nice and warm. Here are a couple of November coupon codes for you. Sleepwrap: HOLIDAY15 (for 15% off http://www.sleepywrap.com/). BSS: cybersale (for 25% off http://babysosmart.com/).
No comments:
Post a Comment